Mar 21, 2009

Nerves

Here's an example of the erratic Melbourne weather.
A high of 31 degrees and a low of 16 degrees.
I'm sweating my ass off in my room.

The Supersprint Gatorade Triathlon is tomorrow.
Quite frankly, I'm really at a loss of what to do.
For those who would like to take part in a triathlon, a piece of advice would be - do not decide on joining one just a week prior to the event. It is stupid and not enough training and conditioning can be done in time to safe your life.
Tried out the open sea swim at St Kilda's yesterday with Wilson and Yang. It is VERY different from swimming in a pool, and definitely different from swimming in open waters IN SINGAPORE.
The waves here are MASSIVE. I barely made it out 50m from shore. In addition to that, the waters here are freezing cold. They bombard you with ruthless efficiency and God knows how much salt water I ingested yesterday. HENCE, I'm seriously reconsidering even participating in the swim leg.
Yes, a triathlon can be done with proper training, but this sudden jump might prove to be fatal.
Perhaps I should have known better. Let me stick to what I'm comfortable with. Let me stick to running.
To all triathletes, I take my hat off to you, for you are indeed brave to traverse the choppy waves and freezing waters.

Oh yes, just a plug before I end this entry.
Speaking of running, there's a charity run on April 5th called "Run For The Kids".
Participants can choose from either a distance of 5.6km or 14.1km and the course takes you out to St Kilda's beach and back through the CBD. It's for a good cause and definitely worth signing up for people who wants a little bit of exercise. No timing will be taken as it is a charity "fun" run so no worries if you think you'd walk. I encourage all to sign up, have fun, get some exercise, and contribute to a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment