Mar 3, 2009

A Change in Pace

Being late for my first class didn't really set me off on the right foot in uni.
Was 45 mins late cos they shifted the class from building 88 to building 7, and I spent 45 mins looking for it.
Damn that sucked.

Anyways I found out that Studio B is about drawing and illustration.
Basically a fine arts class with live drawing and stuff.
We already drew pictures of a nude model for the first class.
Before you go gaga over that, it was an old female model.
I shall leave it at that.

Class was interesting though, we were told to draw with our dominant and non dominant hands.
Later we had to draw with our feet.
All to break our inhibitions and let loose so that our strokes will flow.
It was fun while it lasted, although our lecturer wasted no time in throwing us our first project.

Studio A was about design and symbolism.
We got a brief introduction to the class and our lecturers, which by the way are 2 wonderful professionals in my view.
After that we just got to know each other from the class.
Class ended early, BUT not before the mandatory project was issued.

Day 1 complete and already 2 projects on hand.
And one of them is due next week.
I thought Aussie was a land of laid back studying.
I guess I thought wrong huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment