Mar 4, 2009

Erratic

Have you ever watched those nature shows on Discovery or National Geographic and thought to yourself - "damn, what will it feel like to brave those tough winds and sub zero temperatures."?

Well, head down to Melbourne. The city that allows you to experience the hot summer heat, cold winter breeze, and a howling 100km/h wind all in the same day!

I took a walk down Swanston Street after class and I swear, I was PUSHED ALONG by the wind. No kidding. Now, you all know how much I weigh. I'm not light! And for it to actually drag me along the sidewalk, now that's quite a feat!

Inversely, by coming down Swanston, I now had to make my way back up right?
I was held back by the wind. The freaking gust was so strong it really took twice the effort to get back up and home.

And then, it started to become hot as hell.
Yup, the winds are still going strong, but it's hot air now.
Sweating my ass off in the room even though the fan was on.
And this morning?
FREEZING.

Temperatures hit a low of 9 degrees today.
Shivering my balls off.
Talk about erratic weather.
Tomorrow's going to be a cold day too.
I'd better stock up on warm clothing, filmsy Adidas jackets just won't do it anymore.

I'm listening to the wind howl past my window as I type.
It's freaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment