Feb 26, 2009

Long Day

Skipped orientation in the morning cos it didn't seem to make much sense to go down for 45 mins.
Went grocery shopping though!
I got a new kettle. Hot water in my room. Woohoo!

Met up with Sharain from SP Rugby.
He brought me for a game of touch with his club mates.

I think Aussies were born to play rugby.
Their hands are so quick.
Their forwards playmake.
Their backs burn you like it is out of style.
Had a game of touch with them and I'm reduced to standing at the wings, waiting for a pass.
Blew out my quad in the process too.
They just run circles around you.

The bunch Sharain brought me to meet was pretty cool.
Working adults who enjoys a game of touch after work.
I can remember a few names, some of them I didn't get their names at all.
Ben, Tommy, Marco, Brant, Michael...
But it was fun getting my ass kicked by them.
Totally illustrated the gulf of standards between Singapore and Australia.

Last night was the last night that night market was on.
Should have went there before, since it was only on every wednesday.
The food offered is crazy!
Lots of good good food, spoilt for choice really.
And they had stuff like crocodile and emu meat.

Oh yeah we met Leonard too.
He's down at Swinburne studying IT.

Adjourned to Cho Gao for some drinks cos it was Chris's last night here.
Then later to Winnie's place cos Cho Gao closes really really early at 11pm.
She stays in an apartment 5 times bigger than my room and she's paying less!
I swear I'm gonna move into that apartment building.

No comments:

Post a Comment