Feb 15, 2009

Snapshots 001
















I finally picked up my pencil and started sketching.
My strokes are so erratic and ugly.

Anyway, I took up Miguel's advice and went out for a bit.
Took in the city views from the perspective of a tourist for the first time since arrival.
I figured, hey I'm going to be here for 3 years, might as well get to enjoy the views now.
I'll probably take them all for granted later.

You know, being an architecture student (albeit a former one), I'm really drawn to the architecture and urban landscape of Melbourne.

I've loaded my camera with lots of scenic shot. No doubt boring to some, but interesting enough for my future recollections.
I've posted some above, enjoy the cityscape with me!
For more snapshots, check out my album on facebook.
I reckon it's got more scenic views, those uploaded here are of small file size cos I took them with my mobile phone.
So yeah, the real shit's on facebook dudes.

Their architecture is somewhat more diverse. A lot more freedom of expression, unlike the somewhat boring and restrained design practiced back home.
This is something we could learn from Australia.
Sometimes, its just best to sit back and let the ideas flow with no restrictions.
See what you can achieve with some imagination.

I don't see many of these appearing in Singapore anytime soon though.
Not with someone in power.

OH I think I spoke too much.
Till next time mates, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment