Feb 23, 2009

New People

Meeting new people at a really alarming rate.
I'm no good at this.
I seldom make a good first impression.
Haha. But just their luck to be acquainted to me now.

Finally got to touch a rugby ball in Aussie.
Touch was really good.
Feeling dusty, but felt really really good running and exploiting gaps.
Heh.
We had like 20 people turning up, and many meeting for the first time.

So, list of new people I've met in chronological order.

1. Ken - Australia (restaurant)
2. Ryoko - Japan (bar)
3. Sean - Singapore (touch)
4. Paul - Singapore (touch)
5. Alister - Singapore (touch)
6. Dan - Thailand (touch)
7. quite a few others but I can't remember their names.
8. Penny - Malaysia (dinner)
9. Grace - USA (dinner)
10. Jessica - USA (Grace's friend)
11. Mel - Singapore (through Miguel)

And no, before you go like "ohhh, ang moh chicks!"
I've yet to know any pure Australian or Caucasian for that matter.
Ken is Australian, but he's chinese.
Grace is Korean American.
Jessica is Chinese American.
So yeah, I'm still very deeply involved in Asian culture.
But yeah, it's fun.
Hoping to meet more new people during orientation.

Aching really badly from touch...
Not a good idea to exert too much after not touching a ball for over a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment