Apr 12, 2009

To Lead, To Excel, To Overcome

I am an officer of the Singapore Armed Forces

My Duty is to lead, to excel, and to overcome.

I lead my men by example
I answer for their training, morale, and discipline

I must excel in everything I do
I serve with pride, honour, and integrity

I will overcome adversity with
Courage, fortitude, and determination

I dedicate my life to Singapore

I can't help but relate the significance of this creed to the way we lead our lives.
The day I was first introduced to this creed, up to the day I proudly recited it during my commissioning parade. Even now, I recall the words of this creed with a sense of pride and reverence. Apart from the patriotic start and end, the body pretty much embodies the core values of our lives.

I will overcome adversity with COURAGE, FORTITUDE, and DETERMINATION.

Does the Officer's Creed parallel your own?
I think it does mine.

1 comment:

  1. LAUGH OUT LOUD! *eh! not national day yet!!*

    ReplyDelete