Apr 27, 2009

Tattoo Roughs Pt 1







Alrighty, here are my roughs for Project 2.0: Tattoo.

This project demands that we research ourselves and pick out qualities that we would like to highlight in our personality through the means of a tattoo.

Here's my rationale. Do note that I have only done up a draft rationale for one of the designs. The final rationale depends largely on general feedback of the designs and which one I pick in the end.

This tattoo embodies several design qualities that represent myself. These are
1. Libra (Western Zodiac)
2. Tiger (Chinese Zodiac)
3. Love and compassion (Qualities of Librans)
4. Cross (Catholism)
5. Tribal art (Signifying family heritage and belonging)
6. Asymmetry (Uniqueness)

The symbol for Libra is used as a centerpiece as it is the sign that embodies most of my qualities and hence the object I most relate to.

The heart sits above the symbol for love and compassion are the strongest qualities of a Libran.

The heart is also fashioned after a tiger because love and compassion are the common traits between my Western and Chinese astrological signs.

The entire tattoo is shaped in a cross as a tribute to my religion, and what I believe in.

Tribal art is used as many tribes tattoo themselves to signify unity and belonging. The tribal design is significant of the strong family influence and heritage that is inherent in me.

The tattoo is asymmetrical as a symbol of uniqueness and individualism. The want to be different and not to be a conformist.

Once again, these designs are open for critique. Lots of comments NOW!

Meanwhile, I shall be working on my Studio C project: Patterns. More as we move along yeah?

It's freezing cold in Melbourne right now...

1 comment:

  1. i guess the first one would be stronger.. as the tattoo is thicker.. the rest... strokes are thinner and the tails of the ends are quite distracting.. it looks like there are lashes all over.. then again.. i think if the slashes are done more bolder.. and show more strength.. it will look nice.. ( as wad ah beng would say.. : WAH FIRCE AR!!! ) lolz..

    just a pinch of my thoughts..
    yosh

    ReplyDelete