Nov 18, 2009

The End Is Near

It is officially 2 days left on the countdown to Singapore. Lots have been going on this past week, Ellis is back in Singapore and I'm still here. With just a couple of days left, God has gone and played a cruel prank on me, slowing time down to a crawl. I'm forced to occupy myself in a manner so exhaustive it is hardly comprehensible. Waking up to a morning run is a good start. The day passes ever so slowly, and it certainly doesn't help that the Sun rises at 5am and sets at 8pm.

Oh well. It's Wednesday. That's 48 hours. I'm going home! God's been good to me this year, as did everyone I've encountered during my stay in Melbourne. And now, it's time to go back home. My home. Remembered the pledge we recited on my commissioning parade – "I dedicate my life to Singapore". Sure, we laughed at it then. Little did we know how much that small island meant to us when it's taken away. I've made new friends and acquaintances over the past 8 months, but Singapore is definitely where I want to be.

Home. Family. Friends. Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment